Thursday, February 3, 2011

Out On Snowshoes This Afternoon

Well, I was, the dogs had a hard time getting through the deep snow, and even on snowshoes, I did also. Blowing like crazy here today, but temp. way up, and sunny.
This was the amount of snow we had yesterday (above). One of the few remaining piles on a tree branch that hasn't yet blown off. It blows off "in blocks" and almost got one on the head. We were NOT supposed to get any snow yesterday, it was S.Ont. that was supposed to be hit, and instead, most of the storm moved up this way.
Trust is having a hard time pushing through the snow. I will have nice tired dogs for a few hours!
Tank takes leaps ahead of me, and then turns around and comes back. I don't have a shovel, buddy, having enough trouble of my own...I lost one snowshoe and almost took a header, but managed to get it back on, without falling down.
And here's Blast taking leaps and bounds as well. He's loving it. He had gone way ahead before coming back to see what was keeping me. There was not a track of a single wild animal out there.
Pristine, deep snow, nothing else. That was very strange. I imagine by tomorrow, there will be tracks all over where we've gone today.