Sunday, March 7, 2010

Hard Surface Track for Blast...

The first location we used today was an entrance and parking area of a school. Most of the area was paved, with a corner section where Blast worked being gravel. Our first leg and start was along an edge of the pavement with some dead grass, mud, and assorted other "items" I hoped he'd ignore...and did!
Blast had 3 articles, as I've worked him with multi articles in his 'free' tracks. Above, he has just indicated his first one, and I've moved up to him to pick it up.

Here, he is just indicating his first turn, moving from the dead grass onto the paved driveway.

He is not fully committed to this leg yet, and I'm waiting until he is, before I turn to follow.
We have crossed the driveway and are into the gravel area. Blast was momentarily distracted by something to his left, but is now moving back to the track.
Blast has just reached his next corner and is about to turn.
He has indicated his second article which I am about to pick up. He has been picking up articles previously, today he just stood over them....which is still a good indication. As we progress I expect indications to vary; as long as they are clear, I'm certainly not insisting on one thing only.

He is on pavement again and heading toward the final article. He's worked very nicely on the hard surfaces for being "new" with this. Blast is ten months of age.

Third and final article, again he stood over it until I got there, and then we played with it. He did a nice job.