Saturday, January 29, 2011

Tons of new snow again..

This just caught my eye. A nondescript bush down the driveway, by all appearances, is full of 'snowballs'. It looks like someone made snowballs and set them in at every nook and cranny, or the bush is actually growing them!
Dear Mother Nature...we've really received enough snow already this winter. Please stop. We want to make walking paths again, and right now the snow is up to my knees everyplace. The dogs and I are not happy about mainly walking down the driveway. Blast is the only really adventurous one out in deep snow. So, I believe we are at the middle mark of winter...enough already...
This is how deep it is in the front field. I threw out the toy and he can only take huge jumps to get out through the snow..you just CAN'T walk or run in it. This dog should have muscles on top of muscles!
Another one of those things that gives me pause. I tossed the toy out here, and it hit the branches before falling to the ground and into deep snow. Blast tore out to get it, stopped and sniffed up on the branches - where I saw it hit - before putting his head down into the snow and retrieving it. He is smelling EXACTLY where it hit! Amazes me...
And then he is leaping and bounding to get out of there and back to the driveway with the toy. I actually don't do more than a few of these, as I think it must be very tough to keep doing this - good exercise, up to a point. Running and retrieving in the driveway is much more practical.