Friday, May 13, 2011

Blackflies are out!!!

Blast didn't seem bothered by the blackflies, perhaps because he is racing so fast.
Poor Tank was swarmed with them...they always go for the black dogs.Our walks this afternoon were very quick and very short due to the bugs. I hope this afternoon wasn't an indication of a really bad year for them. Blast, as usual, has all the toys we took on the walk. He has a ball shoved way back in his mouth behind these two toys. I don't know how he doesn't choke!A later walk behind the house with Kira and Trust...this was an experiment to see how it went. They pretty much ignored each other, which was perfect. Kira was determined to haul this, and another big branch out, and got quite ticked at it when it wouldn't co-operate. She jumped on it, growling and barking and continued to push and pull until it would finally go with her. Then I had to watch behind me so I didn't get poked. Tenacious little she-devil.