Saturday, May 14, 2011

Reese/Rosemary/Rainy Track

When I laid the track in this field I didn't see what "was out at the back" until I was part way through. There were a small number of geese, luckily none came after me, so I guess no nearby nest, and a single sandhill crane.It walked a long way ahead of me before taking flight, circling back towards me, which was appreciated so I could take this picture.We just had drizzle when I laid the track, but by the time R&R came and started on it, it was a heavy downpour. Nice start on first leg, Reese is a really good little tracking beagle, very focused.This was the fourth leg, heading out to where the geese were; unfortunately, heading out to the goose poo as well. Reese also passed two places where there were gopher holes with no issues.She's just too cute. She lies down on her article, looking at Rosemary for a treat.
They did five corners, six legs and worked very steady on the track. Rosemary is a very nice, calm handler with Reese, they are a great team.