Saturday, February 4, 2012

Tracking was a bust...

My great hopes for tracking yesterday fizzled out. Although the first location looked very promising, I got bogged down in snow laying the first leg, then out on hard surface was sliding all over. Back to a decent area, but then again into deep and crusted snow. So ended up doing one dog over the other, and although they did ok, it was all I could do to stay on my feet being pulled behind them. Will have to give up or look in another area this week. Disappointing for sure.
Down the driveway, Kira found great icy crusted snowballs along the sides from the snowplow scraping. I can't believe the size she can carry in her mouth....and running! They are quite heavy as well, as they are frozen solid.This gives a better idea of the size, although she has begun to bite chunks off it.