Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Two Dogs, Two Tracks...cont'd...

Like Emmas' track below, Blasts' first one was laid by the "stranger". The second one by me in another location.
He was certainly interested at the scent pad to get going!Blast moved off nicely on the scent. The temp. had warmed up considerably by this time, each track on Sunday had different conditions.I included this photo just to show he moved off the track to a piece of garbage, quickly dismissed it as "not ours" and came right back to the track.The track navigated through a number of obstacles on the first leg, we also had someone park and walk across the sidewalk ahead and into the building. After the last picnic table, and before the spruce tree, we will turn left onto the parking lot.
Out a ways on the asphalt, he found his first article, which was a folded in half sock.
Still on the same leg, as we move past this car, he is directly on a left turn, just indicating that, and beginning to curve around into it.A long leg here is taking him to his last article.And he's found it. I was exceptionally pleased at how he worked on the "strangers" track, aged an hour. After this we moved to the other location. Just a few pics. here from 1/2 way through the track.Moving off the grass onto the sidewalk, and then crossing the road.I move closer on the line for the road crossing, he has his nose down working great. And just as we start to cross the road....In comes a truck, parks over our track, two fellows get out and start putting things in the car. Oh, well, I'll just stay close to Blast. They walked back and forth two times before we reached them. Blast just went around the truck to the back and worked to find the track there. There was a left turn and we continued on through the parking area.Where's the article? When I had begun to lay this track, there was a fellow picking up twigs and garbage in the area. I left a flat piece of white leather (directly in front of where I'm standing) and on it clearly marked "dog search article please leave here". Well, it was gone! Blast was exactly on the track leading to this. If it had been there, he would have found it. However, while I'm looking in ever direction in case it was just moved...he continued on to the grass (still on my track after the article) and then circled and came back. So...I can't really say he was "searching" for the article...but he would have found it, had it been where left. So in a test...judges' call. Was he actively searching for it? I doubt it. On aged tracks on pavement? I doubt it. But had it been there, knowing he was directly on the track, it 'should' be a pass...at least I think so...