Thursday, April 22, 2010

Just as I was about to take the dogs out, I noticed him/her on the other side of the fence. Ran back in to get camera, it still hadn't noticed me and I quiety and slowly walked to the fence. I got within 3 feet and took this picture. It then turned and ran up a small tree. We had a "conversation" about how I would really like it to leave and not come back. It was so cute, as if it was listening, I was about 4 feet from it.
Since it was up the tree, I decided to go back and let the dogs out. Trust noticed right away, and it went a little higher up in the tree. I don't know if this was the same one, and as it turned out, later in the day, it was up in a different large maple tree behind the house.
We watched, and when it came down last night, David went out with a broom and swatted its little bum along further into the forest...for what that's worth....
It's certainly limited our dog walks into the bushes or forest where we don't want to "surprise" it.
We've had an unplanned meeting a few years ago with one, and it's not a fun experience! Hopefully, it's just moving through....