Saturday, July 24, 2010

Raspberry Picking...

We have the best wild raspberry crop this year! Last year, the bears, raccoons, birds beat us to the blueberries and the raspberries, and they were scare to begin with. Every day this week, I have walked the dogs past the various places where they are abundant, and we all get our daily supply of fruit! Super yummy. Trust and Tank are very polite about berry picking, and then there's Blast....
Blast jumps up on an old round hay bale and scans the fields for "wildlife" before we head to the berries..a good thing..
He's given the "all clear" sign with his relaxed look and posture, so off we go.
Unfortunately, this is his idea of helping me...sucking off the ripest berries before I get them. This morning he also decided to be a complete goof, and first jumped up on a rock and then dove into a good patch of berries...so much for those ones. Later he dashed in front of me and flipped over and rolled in some...I think we were picking too many berries at that time, and not having a walk/run through the field. So I took the hint. Lucky we have so many, and can afford to leave some knocked down for the wildlife. But tomorrow, I think I will pick without him.....