Sunday, July 25, 2010

Track No. 1 today - Blast

Blast moving slowly into the scent pad. It has taken some work to slow him down at the scent pad and not rush off. He is now crawling into it, taking time to take the scent and moving off in the right direction on the track.
Tascha laid our track today, he had an extremely long first leg, which I wanted, and has just taken his first corner above. He had a small sock about 3/4 of the way along this leg.
Something happened, or something had been going on, at this area....wish I knew. Even before he made his turn he was fixated on "something" in this area, and as much as I looked I couldn't "see" what. He also looked up into the bush behind but just kept working around a large area here...not the track. I have never seen him like this before, I can only guess that something(s) had spent the night here, or had been eating breakfast in this area. He eventually got back on the track, but didn't work as well as normal on it.
Heading to the last corner, and this track is parallelling the edge of the forested area.
He had no problem finding the article, we had moved past it at this point and the flag is marking a toy past the track. I'm removing his harness before we go play...