Friday, November 12, 2010

Trusts' nice track today..

Trust went on this track at about 3 1/2 hr. It was approximately "a half length" and supposed to be just a fun track. Since hers was the first to be laid, and I had other things to do in town including Tanks' and Blasts' tracks, we were a bit later than I planned getting back here. However, not a problem, it was an unusually calm day, and she was eager to go...

She has just turned her first corner and really working nicely.

Moving along the third leg and she was picking up other scents here...as I found out shortly, there had been deer all over this area.

We had just climbed up a little hill, Trust is moving really nicely along the track.

Here's her first article, a red plastic lid in a little hollow.

And what I had NOT seen...directly beside it....fresh deer poop. She had totally ignored it and I'm always amazed I don't seem to notice "this stuff' when I'm laying tracks....Poor Trust is probably saying to herself "what was she thinking?!"

Really nice, right off the grass moving out on the pavement, almost dead on. The yellow line shows where she moved off the track over to the little grass island and curb, then moving back onto the track ahead.

She had worked through the parking area, between the parked vehicles, almost to the end and again, moved over to the curb before coming back on the track across the driveway. We know scent collects along curbs, but there was very little breeze this morning....who knows!?!

So again, she's moved to the track, and follows right along, over the grass and across the next driveway. These are the two main, well travelled, entrances and exits to and from the main doors of the resort.

A slight deviation, then over to the grass, up a little hill, beside the tree and then over the curb and across another driveway. She certainly knows exactly where she's going here.


Right on the track!

Above, I purposely stepped in the broken portion of curb as I stepped down, she was about a foot and half to the right. The arrow shows the article on the far side, bottom of hill.

Right to it. I just love how this girl works. She's a champion tracker without the title!

"So, I saw the van when I was passing by, here's the last article, let's get going!"