Monday, February 28, 2011

Elle on the Snowshoe Trail

This morning I realized that Elle had not been very far out the back as we 'lost' the trails due to snow, and breaking through, for a few weeks. Since we had a complete circle from the weekend on our snowshoes, I thought it was the perfect time to get her out there.
She found a hose on the way and took it along.
The snow is still fairly deep off the path. She heard 'something' and jumped off to inspect, but got bogged down pretty quick.
We went quite a ways out the back, and here is the scent post which is her first experience with it. And, she reacted exactly as the others when they come upon it. Scents it up and down and around.

She thought she lost me and is running to catch up. I had actually moved off the trail and lay down in the deeper snow.
She's soooo cute! When she saw me lying down, she dropped the hose and came running lickety-split and jumped on my head. Luckily, it wasn't a case of me being injured!!! She thought this was just so much fun, but immediately turned around and ran back for the hose.