Friday, March 4, 2011

Still No Signs of Spring...

Although the snow has gone down a lot in some areas, it is surprising to see just how much is still on the ground in some areas. And wouldn't you know...a winter storm watch has been issued for Saturday with high snowfall amounts and blowing. This means we will be drifted in over the weekend, so will have to get a few things today, use the hydro and water today, and stock up supplies for outages being likely tomorrow.
However, yesterday was a lovely afternoon and I took Trust, Tank and Blast out for forest walks, and Elle out in the front and down the driveway. Trust is struggling back to the path in this photo, the snow is heavy and in layers that make it tough to get through.
Tank thinks I can't see him! I think he can't see me!! Hmmm, which one of us is lacking in grey matter, playing peek-a-boo through the bushes and trees.....

Blast pauses momentarily to look at me, while trying to dislodge a large buried branch from the snow. I had called him off this branch, as I hate when he picks up some 6' long "stick" and comes running up behind me on the path. Either I go flying, or he gets a good whack when he hits tree trunks. Either one is not my idea of fun!
Just a happy puppy having fun! Yesterday was a "work day" for Elle. We visited the bus terminal and checked out a Greyhound bus while running - NOISY - and hopped up inside when people were loading, rode some baggage carts, and went into the terminal to check it out. After that, we went to an indoor parking garage and rode the elevators up and down and then off to the mall entrance.
This could be a mini Blast picture....Elle looks just like him racing off through the field.
Elle loves to carry something in her mouth and right now, would rather hang on to it than return it.
I managed to actually "hide" on her all of one time! Again, like Blast, she's so fast and it's almost impossible to have enough time to hide. I had thrown the Wubba way up the driveway, and had my tree in mind and ducked in, crouched down, and boom, here she comes. She was on a turn into me at full speed and had just paused briefly in this picture when she spotted me. I was dead.
Elle is a fun little pup, she was four months old yesterday.