Saturday, March 19, 2011

One More Day to Spring! Yay!!!

Although this week coming looks more like winter again, this weekend is lovely. What a difference between the "front" and the "back" of our place right now. The driveway was a mess on Thursday, mud and ruts....now frozen again. We've lost a lot of snow out front, yet the bush is still quite deep.
This morning, I took Kira out in the front for a nice long walk and of course, we always get to "the rockpile". Out of curiousity, I picked up a small rock and tossed it up onto the pile. Up she went.
Here she is...seemingly searching for 'what' I tossed up. I figured she thought it was a ball as she knew I had one in my pocket.
And still she searches. I was about to pull out my ball and toss it up for her as she seemed to be working so hard, she's so tenacious, and I never thought she'd "find" what I tossed.
When down she races, with the SAME rock in her mouth, holding it so proudly. I truly couldn't believe it!!! Aren't these dogs just amazing?!!
After I convinced her to give up the rock, we went out to return up the driveway and do some ball throwing. Wow, the bouncy pink ball!!!
The driveway in this area looks just fine, and the fields have lots and lots of bare patches.
Here, Kira is coming back from the west field having a great time retrieving the ball. Such a fun pup, she is. Oh, when are those ears going to stand up!?
And here is the contrast from front to back. David, Trust, Tank, Blast and I out the back walking through the forest. It was early enough, everything was frozen and we could walk most places on top of the snow crust. I had forgotten how Trust likes to eat frozen snow, which she is doing here. She scrapes it up with her teeth and then when she gets home, up it all comes; I can't believe I could have forgotten this. We are going out again shortly, so have to watch her like a hawk.
The dogs had no problem staying on top running around. We occasionally went through, what a jolt that is, in places nearly to my knees, and you're stuck momentarily.
Heading home up the trail behind the house. The dogs were really pooped....a good thing!!!!